Friday, January 23, 2009

A Good Sleeper

My youngest son, Joshua, is 20 months old. As any parent of several children will tell you, they are all different, but one thing about Joshua is he LOVES to sleep. He takes a regular 2 hour nap after lunch and sleeps from about 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. And typically, if he is well fed and not sick, he'll practically climb into his crib and go to sleep without a peep. Wow. None of the rocking and the walking around carrying a baby and the crying that we went through with all the other children. I couldn't begin to count all the books I've read or hymns I've sung getting the other children to bed. I woudn't give it up at all, of course, but I'm just amazed at how well Joshua hits the hay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing a good sleeper is. Perhaps all that hymn singing, rocking and walking paved the way for the ease this must bring to you and Gayle now...